Welcome to Heron Academy, a new school committed to providing outstanding education to young people with profound and multiple learning difficulties.
We aim to create a calm and nurturing atmosphere supporting our student's personal growth and education.
- Specialist staff who are highly committed to helping young people reach their potential.
- The opportunity for students to experience a wide variety of curriculum subjects and enrichment programmes
- A solid and effective partnership with parents to provide the necessary support for every student as we believe the education of our young people is a shared responsibility.
Specialist facilities include:
- Hydrotherapy pool
- Hygiene rooms with hoists and changing beds
- Trampoline for rebound Therapy
- Dark room
- Sensory room
- Performing Arts studio
- Art room
- Music room
- Life skills kitchen
- Overhead hoists in most classrooms
- Rise and fall desks/tables
- Eye gaze technology
- CEMAC support
- Adapted ICT
- Wheelchair accessible greenhouse
- Nursing, speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, music therapy, and physiotherapy support.
We welcome you on this journey as we endeavour to provide the best quality education for our pupils.